Friday, February 24, 2012

Eco-Emi February 2012

          It's that time of month again! My box came in the mail; it is the Eco-Emi's 1 year anniversary box. I have seen better boxes (I love the holiday ones) but there were some really interesting products in this one. I was also a little unhappy that I couldn't use the lip gloss because it is not vegan. Here are some pictures of the box and a little information on the products that caught my eye the most.
          The packaging wasn't anything too special but it was still pretty (my favorite was the Christmas and Halloween box packaging). It was green paper with opal star confetti! :)
           The first product that really caught my eye was the Soap Nuts. I had no idea what they were so I looked at the post card that comes in each box... They have been used for centuries as natural laundry detergent! They are berries that grow wild in tropical countries. After being hand picked they are left in the sun to dry. The seed is removed and the shell is what you use to wash your clothes (or your hair and hands), mosquito repellent, dishwasher detergent and window/glass cleaner! This is truly the neatest thing I've seen in an Eco-Emi box. Click here to get some soap nuts for yourself!
~ Get 20% off your online purchase with promo code ECOEMI2012 ~
          I love finding new vegan hair products. The Green Body shampoo and conditioner are: toxin free, silicone free, alcohol free, cruelty free, vegan and biodegradable! What more could you ask for? They contain 14 plant based ingredients and extracts that infuse highly active vitamins, minerals and essential fatty acids deep into the areas of your hair that need it most. They are also color safe which is always a plus! Click here to try Green Body shampoo and conditioner!
          I was excited to see sunscreen in the box! I know of a few other natural sunscreen lines but this one is specially formulated for children. Pediatric Dermatologist, Robin Schaffran, created a chemical free, natural sunscreen that is SPF 30+. After trying this product, I will post about natural sunscreens. I know of a few brands that I can recommend around summer time. Click here to check out Dr. Robin products!
          The other product that caught my eye was the Revolution Organics lip gloss. I could swear these used to be vegan because I remember reading about them and wanting some... I guess they never were or they changed the formula. I used it on accident thinking it was vegan from past research... :( I'm not using it anymore. I just can't recommend a product that uses animal by products in their formulations...

No comments: