Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Review: Croc work shoes

     Earlier this year I started my search for a part time job. I finally found a restaurant job that required a uniform. You may not know this but all restaurants, hospitals, etc; require that you wear slip resistant shoes. Being vegan I had a very hard time finding vegan non slip shoes. Google it... most of them are leather! I had about 3 days to find shoes-great. I searched on Google some more and finally found that Crocs has a work line of non slip shoes. I am normally not a Crocs fan but I fell in love with this particular shoe that I'm reviewing because:
  1. They are pretty cute
  2. It was my solution to non slip shoes
Crocs Alice Work Shoes
Approved by APMA & Food Industry Appropriate
Pros
  • Classy & adorable-I pretty much have the cutest shoes at my work...
  • Available in commonly required colors (Black/Brown)
  • Keep you from slipping on linoleum and other hard surfaces
  • Closed heels and toes for safety
  • Readily available in the Croc store so no need to order online
  • Very comfy for working many hours
  • Small patch on the heel to prevent common blistering
  • Sturdy and well made-haven't had anything break, tear, etc. (Better not for the price! Ha)
  • Vegan
  • Easily washable with soapy water

Cons

  • Cost is the main issue in my book because I didn't want to pay $40 for shoes at all. All non slip shoes are around this price though when looking online or in specialty stores.
  • The shoes have little bumps that supposedly stimulate blood flow but I'm not sure if it truly works. I get charlie horses from standing for 6 hours straight...
  • Run small in size... I normally wear a 9/10 but had to get an 8
  • Made with materials from the rain forest...

I highly recommend them!

No comments: