ZOYA
PIXIE DUST
&
SPRING 2013 CREAM COLORS
Zoya has a new beautiful line of colors called the Pixie Dusts. They have been working on these for a while & most Zoya fans are very excited, including myself. I was going to order these online but saw some swatches on Facebook. I decided that I didn't like them until I went to Ulta & saw them in person. I think photos don't do them justice. I didn't like all of the shades but I was very fond of these shades below. I also liked that they had matching cream shades from the Spring 2013 collection. I feel like they are going to be a bit hit or miss for people. Most people will probably love them or hate them. The liquid sand nail lacquers have been making a huge appearance this year... I can't say it is my favorite but I am definitely open to trying new nail trends.
LEFT TO RIGHT:
(Godiva, Jacqueline, Nyx, Blu, Vespa, Neely)
Pixie Dusts are very different from most other nail polishes that I've have used. They are textured nail lacquers with a sandy feeling. The colors are all beautiful but I don't feel the sandy finish suits the red, black & grey. I loved these 3 colors below. I purchased Godiva, Vespa & Nyx from Ulta for $9 per bottle. This is $1 more than Zoya's other nail polishes. The packaging is different for this line, each bottle has a Pixie Dust logo as well as a matte brush cap. I am always happy with Zoya's packaging because they are heavy, sturdy bottles with a unique shape. The actual formula of these is unique from traditional glitter polishes. It isn't really even "glittery" but the textured particles don't snag on clothing. They are all decently opaque but need at least two coats. You can see to the left (below) that Nyx has a sheerness to it. Another nice thing about these is that they dry fairly quick. I know Zoya's regular polishes can take a while to dry. They are very forgiving, you can't easily see mistakes made during application. As I said earlier in this post, it's a big hit or miss. I personally don't like texture on my nails but they are really cool to use once in a while. Being a nail polish addict, I just had to pick up a few & I certainly don't regret it. If you can get past the strange feeling of sand on your nails, try them.
SPRING 2013 CREAM COLORS
Zoya's Spring 2013 collection has 6 color including 3 shimmers but I am usually in favor of creams. I like thick opaque nail polish that doesn't need a ton of layers. You can't go wrong with cream & I loved the mint color. The spring shades are in traditional packaging. These are not very forgiving when it comes to mistakes, you can see every little nick or mark. Applying two layers is ideal because they can come out a bit streaky. I noticed Blu was especially thick but nothing you can't work with, taking your time is key. The creams actually coordinate with the Pixie Shades that I purchased which was really neat. I would say pick them up if you don't have similar shades from another brand. They're not the most unique shades but they are very pretty.
MIXING PIXIE DUSTS
My first run with the Pixie Dusts was inspired by a post Zoya made on Facebook. They were showing how you can mix these to achieve new shades. I mixed Nyx & Vespa by layering them on top of each other until I liked the color. It resulted in a deep, wintery shade.
LEAVE ME A COMMENT :]
♥ NATI




No comments:
Post a Comment