I have been a cheese lover pretty much my entire life and when I went vegetarian that wasn't a problem. I still ate tons of cheese! Over a month ago I went vegan and you know what that means! Bye-bye cheese! (it doesn't have to be goodbye! You'll see why in a minute) I "thought" that cheese and I had said our farewells but then I ran into soy "cheese".
Soy cheese... I will say one thing; it's nice that they give us vegans and lactose intolerant people an option but most of them suck. This is just the honest truth and I guess my opinion. Until about 1 week ago I gave up completely on trying to find a vegan "cheese" that didn't taste like s**t. I am part of an awesome vegan forum on Facebook which any of you vegans out there who read this should join! A fellow member mentioned that she was eating a grilled cheese with Daiya. I asked her how it was because I had heard of the brand and seen it at Whole Foods but I figured it'd be just like every other cheese. She recommended it; I tried it!
Click here for the vegan Facebook forum!
Dear Daiya,
Lets just say I am madly in love with you. You offer more than just cheddar; you offer mozzarella and pepper jack. You smell so good and you do not taste like cardboard. You stretch in my melts, sandwiches, pizza, and quesadillas and you don't feel like cardboard! You don't have to have a ton of other things added to you to make you taste delicious. I just don't know where you have been all along!
-Natallia
Click here for my Youtube channel!
No comments:
Post a Comment