Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Lush Henna Experience

          After frying my hair with heat, damaging it with chemical dyes, treatments, etc for years I stopped when I realized how terrible those things were for you. I chopped most of my hair off and grew everything out. I'm proud to say I have healthy locks that are growing long! Truth is I loved dying my hair. I loved having interesting colors such as black, purple, red and so on. Henna hair dye is my only option now!
          I grabbed a block of Caca Noir from Lush over the summer and had my first henna experience ever. It was not the most pleasant but it did the job. My second time around was much easier because I knew what to expect. I'll get to that in a minute! This time I used the Caca Marron and will probably be using this from now on. It is the perfect color for me! It basically took all of my natural highlights and turned them a warm chestnut color. My hair is still dark with hints of red; it's really pretty and warmed up my complexion!
          Lush Henna is in block form because it is infused with cocoa butter. This particular color also has coffee grounds to make sure all of the locks turn a rich brown color. The block has red henna to make the hair a warm maroon color. If you have dark hair and want something subtle I recommend it. If you are blonde and want a big change, I recommend it! I used one entire block and it lasts for months on me! It costs around $27.00 with tax.
         

          As you can see in the picture above it looks green! I promise you it does not dye your hair green... You can either grate the block up which would take a million years or you can just chop it into about 4-6 large pieces and do the double boiler method! This is what I did. You cook this and add little bits of water until it's a good consistency to apply to your head. Don't apply it straight out of the boiler! You will probably need a trip to the hospital for burns... 
          

          The picture above is what it looks like as it's melting. Looks nasty I know! It smells a bit funny to but if you like natural smells then you'll like it.


(I read that you should wrap it in plastic wrap if you want it more red or leave it open if you want it more brown. I wrapped it for the more red look! I look hot I know ;)


(This is another lovely product I picked up from Lush! It's actually my occasional facial cleanser and moisturizer. You can apply this all over around your hairline to prevent staining. I had 0 staining because of the Ultra Bland!)


(Hooray for pictures! This is me today... I've washed my hair about 6-7 times and it's still the same vibrant red color! Obviously it's not crayon red but it looks so pretty and natural. I wish I had a picture of my hair in the sunlight! It's AWESOME!)

          You could dye your hair with this stuff 5 times in a row and it would only do good things to your locks! The cocoa butter makes your hair SUPER shiny and soft after it's amazing. The dye lasts a really long time. I had the black in for months but it is finally washing out. I was afraid that it wouldn't wash out but I took the chance and Lush never seems to fail me. I love that company! OH this henna is 100% vegan as well. The only thing that I would say is negative about Lush henna is that it's extremely messy so do it on a hard floor, not carpet. Be prepared to scrub your scalp and wash your hair about 6 times to get all of the henna out... Only bad part!
          I hope this review is of good use to somebody! Overall I totally say go for it; grab a block of Lush henna! It's not badly priced for the quality and lasting time. It's also vegan, cruelty-free and safe for you!

NatalliaPesolaBlogger@yahoo.com

No comments: