Ste Martaen is an all vegan brand located in Chicago. They create delicious cheese alternatives for vegans and people on dairy free diets. Their products can be shipped or purchased locally in Chicago. I got to try all 5 flavors so I will go a bit into detail about each flavor!
The flavors were all very similar but had a different after tastes. A few of the options were close to the real thing but some were a tad bit off. I loved that some of them were seasoned. Speaking of seasoning I also love their ingredients list. There are absolutely no chemicals in their products. So many dairy and meat alternatives are filled with chemicals and preservatives but not Ste Martaen. I swear the ingredients list on each package was less than 10 things! The cheese's texture was a different compared to other vegan cheese I've tried. I loved it in my salad but I had no luck melting it. Ste Martaen cheese is also cholesterol free as most vegan foods are. This is incredible for those who need to watch their cholesterol.
Each cheese comes individually packaged in a box and plastic wrap. It comes in a block shape which is great because it is ready for slicing and dicing. I recommend serving the cheese sliced with crackers and fruit. It makes an amazing centerpiece and appetizer for parties!
Muenster - Just like classic muenster this cheese is a pale yellow and is seasoned with what looks like paprika. The top is powdered over. This seasoning gives it such a unique flavor. I was pretty satisfied with this option. It tasted similar to the real thing.
Colby - We chopped up the Colby for our salad as you can see in the picture above. This tasted great. I loved the texture with the rest of the veggies!
Pepper Jack - This one tastes best with crackers and grapes! The crackers give it a nice texture mix and the grapes are sweet and tone down the spiciness of the cheese.
Smoked Gouda - This particular flavor did not do it for me. I love smoked gouda but this didn't taste very much like it. This tasted too similar to the Colby.
Olive - Crackers and wine. Enough said!
I highly recommend anyone checks out Ste Martaen. Whether you are vegan, dairy free or looking to lower your cholesterol this cheese tastes amazing. Prices aren't too bad either. You can also get shaped cheese which is unique and fun! Links to the site are below. Have a good day!


No comments:
Post a Comment