Sunday, November 25, 2012

Tis' the Season for Tan Legs

     More like tis' the season for pale ass legs... I am actually a fan of pale skin but on me personally on my body I love a tan or glow. I hate seeing my summer color fade away during winter. So today I'm going to be reviewing a self tanner that I bought from Whole Foods. I was looking online for a tanner that was vegan & cruelty-free which led me to the Nature's Gate Glow Lotion.


  The Glow Lotion for light skin tones has shea butter & several other moisturizing & antioxidant  ingredients to help hydrate skin year round. This is especially helpful in the colder months when skin is more prone to cracking from the cold air! I have really sensitive skin in the winter. My skin peels in the cold but this has kept my dry areas soft & smooth.

     The first application left a very subtle glow but not so much color. Day three is when I really noticed the tan coming along. Having tried so many tanners in the past it looks pretty natural & for being a "natural" product I was definitely impressed! After applying the lotion for about four days the tan was stable. It didn't continue to get darker and darker but stayed the same. Over all I really like the outcome because I look like I had a warm color without looking muddy or worse... orange!

PROS
  • Looks natural
  • Runs for $13 (16 oz)
  • Doesn't stain clothes
  • Results in less than one week
  • No harsh chemicals
  • Very moisturizing
  • Does not cause breakouts
CONS
  • Stains fingertips (Wash hands after application!)
  • Smell is annoying (not unpleasant but it is there...)
WOULD I RECOMMEND THIS PRODUCT?
Yes

No comments: